Other Podcast Appearances
The Skewer is a political satire comedy show where performers read "live op-eds" on recent news-related subjects, capped off with a debate. I was on the latest one, debunking the myth of the neglected rural voter.
We Still Like You
We Still Like You is a storytelling show where participants tell awful stories about things they've done for an audience that reassures them that they're still worthy of affection. (It's not true, but it's nice of them to say regardless.) I'm on this episode. This is an absolutely terrific podcast.
Taboo Table Talk with Krish Mohan
Krish Mohan has a political podcast he was kind enough to let me pontificate upon. I talked so much that he had to break this into two parts.
Tomefoolery with Cody Melcher
Tomefoolery is a podcast where guests are invited to come and discuss a book, usually an awful one. I'm on this one frequently, mainly because I'm willing to do the reading.
- "Atlas Shrugged" with Peter-john Byrnes and Kevin Lobkovich
- "Bachelor Pad Economics" with Peter-john Byrnes and Patrick McManus
- "Hogwarts School of Prayer and Miracles" with Peter-john Byrnes and Sherman Edwards
- "The Coming of the Fairies" with Peter-john Byrnes and Tamara Lynn Chambers
- "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" with John-Michael Bond
- I'm acting as a substitute co-host on this one, which is why my name isn't in the title.
- "American Boomerang" with Chad Briggs
- See above.
- "Days of War Nights of Love" with Goodrich Gevaart
- Another substitute co-hosting stint.
- "White Rabbits" with Jill Bernard
- Co-hosting from the Out of Bounds Comedy Festival.
- "Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze" with Peter-john Byrnes
Turn Your Head and Laugh
- Processing Grief in Real Time
- On Seth Shapiro's podcast, Stewart Huff and I awkwardly discuss police executions in Louisiana and Minnesota and the execution of police in Dallas, Texas, all on the weekend on which they transpired.
Strangers on this Road with Mat Alano-Martin
- Episode 105 - Peter-john Byrnes
- I discuss my forthcoming album "Ghost Story."
Write Club is a "live lit" show where dueling participants are given topics and write an essay on behalf of their side.
Arguments and Grievances
Arguments and Grievances is another debate show/podcast, only there are multiple rounds and participants choose their own topics.
Put Your Hands Together with Cameron Esposito
- Oct 2014
- Me performing with a gaggle of other comedians including TJ Miller and Alan Strickland Williams.
- President Nixon's Pardon
- On the anniversary of Nixon's pardon, I remind the Paper Machete audience of how awful he was by quoting from his tapes.
Mistakes with Donni Sapphire
- Epsiode 1 with Peter-john Byrnes
- A discussion of recent disappointing elections, workplace woes, and how to get better at comedy (in theory).
- Friesen Point Epsiode 209
- A discussion of Hugh Hefner, Jerry Seinfeld, and Degrassi High.
You Could Be Dead with James Fritz
- You Could Be Dead 8/29/2012 - Matteo Lane and Peter-john Byrnes
- Maria Callas, Katherine Hepburn, and "Ernest Goes to Camp" are among the topics.
- You Could Be Dead 4/24/2012 - Joe McAdam and Peter-john Byrnes
- It's host James Fritz's birthday, and we celebrate by discussing the recent death of Levon Helm and teaching James what his name means, to his dismay.
- You Could Be Dead 3/19/2012 - Peter-john Byrnes and Stephanie Hasz
- James plumbs the depths of my vast ignorance regarding University of Kentucky basketball. But we also discuss Rick Santorum, so it's not a total loss.
Rye Bread Radio